This contest is designed to encourage student writers. Enter original works of fiction or nonfiction to a maximum length of 1500 words OR the first three chapters of a work in progress (up to 15 pages). Read on for more details.
Contest opens November 15th and closes on February 15th at midnight PST
- High School (ages 14 – 18)
- College/University (ages 17-30)
- Short story (1,500 words or less)
- Non-fiction piece (1,500 words or less)
- Poetry (1,500 words or less)
- First three chapters of an unpublished novel–does not have to be finished (15 pages or less)
- First 15 pages of a Short Script – Screen or Stage (45 pages or less)
Fresh Ink winners will be recognized at The Word Awards Gala
FORMS ISSUES ARE FIXED!!!
Attachments to the Submission Form Cannot exceed 15.5 GB
>>>EXTENDED THE WORD AWARDS DEADLINES<<<
Please read the Revised Awards Timeline on The Word Awards Page
Fresh Ink & In The Beginning Contest Submissions Enter Here >