We’ve created this page to help you make the most of your Finalist or Winner experience with The Word Guild. Below are items you can use for marketing and sharing on social media. As you help get the word out about your success, you increase the influence of the Word Awards. This helps you, and your friends; making the awards all the more honourable.
PROFESSIONAL GALA PHOTOS
Nothing gets more interest on social media than photos. Don’t forget this point important point when planning out your marketing strategy for social media.
Here’s the link to photos from (c) Stephen Woo Photography. Please make sure to mention him. Stephen discounts his rate for The Word Guild because he believes in the ministry. Thanks.
PRESS RELEASE CUSTOMIZING INSTRUCTIONS
Customize Your Media Release!
Local media – including your local or hometown community newspaper, denominational publication, church newsletter, alumni association, Christian newspaper or radio station, writers & group, library, etc. – are always looking for news items about area residents. Take this excellent opportunity to talk about your writing and about your Christian faith. You can even customize the Press Release for a blog post or eblast to your readers, reporting on the Awards and highlighting you as a Finalist or Winner. Here are some ideas on customizing.
- Sample headline: Local Writer Finalist for National Writing Contest
- Customize it; open with several short paragraphs about yourself, stressing the local interest angle — graduate of X school, grew up in X community, attend X church, work at X organization, etc.
- If other finalists are also from your vicinity then mention their names and hometowns to expand the story.
- Insert information from Shortlist media release found here.
- Research the correct contact person to whom to address the email, and include a personal note to ask him/her to please consider covering this news.
- Include your name, address, phone and e-mail address. State that you are available for an interview and would be pleased to provide a photo and additional information. Send the customized media release. It will promote your own writing career, and help us to better publicize The Word Guild, The Awards Gala, and The Word Awards.
- If requested, be prepared to send a print-quality head and shoulders photograph of yourself. (Get a digital version of a good head and shoulders shot if you don’t already have one.)
PRESS RELEASES IN BOTH WORD & PDF DOCUMENTS ARE ALWAYS UPLOADED TO THE WORD GUILD WEBSITE MEDIA PAGE
YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THEM FOR YOUR USAGE. USE THE WORD .docx DOCUMENT TO REVISE FOR YOUR LOCAL PAPER, A MAGAZINE, OR FOR A BLOG POST
SOCIAL MEDIA IMAGES
WINNERS Social Media Images
THE WORD GUILD LOGOS
FOR MAKING YOUR OWN IMAGES TO SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA, USE IN A BLOG POST OR EBLAST TO YOUR READERS.
*Contact us should you need higher resolution logos.