The Word Guild is a team of Canadian writers, editors, speakers, publishers, booksellers, librarians and other interested individuals who are Christian. From all parts of Canada and many denominational and cultural backgrounds, we are united in our common passion to positively influence individuals—and ultimately the Canadian culture—through life-changing words that bring God's message of hope.
We encourage the exploration of God-given gifts and talents; provide opportunities for people to work together; and foster excellence in the art, craft, practice and ministry of writing, editing, and speaking.
We share in common our desire to use our communications skills to glorify God and to further His kingdom, and our love for Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour. Many members state that they have grown to view The Word Guild as their extended family.
From the beginning, we have functioned as a team, primarily as a team of volunteers. Volunteers formed the foundation of The Word Guild, and they remain a fundamental part of our structure today.
By joining with us in using your talents and gifts in an area you are good at and enjoy, you become an active part of a supportive community of committed people who are working together to connect, promote and develop Canadian writers and editors who are Christian. We celebrate each other's successes, share information and advice, support each other, and encourage each other to excel.
The Word Guild is simply the name we use. In itself, it is meaningless. The Word Guild is all of us together. So it's not what The Word Guild can do for you, but about what we can do by working together.
Why become an active member of the team?
- to stand with other Canadian writers and editors who are Christian so we will expand our voice for God across Canada
- to share knowledge and expertise
- to feel needed and valued
- to gain confidence and self-esteem
- to gain leadership skills, exercise problem-solving skills, and be creative
- to build your resume
- to make new friends and meet new people
- to explore career options and research career alternatives
- to develop new skills and to keep skills current
- to gain valuable career-related experience
- to establish important networking contacts
- to receive a 10% discount on registration for Write! Canada conference and other Write! events*
(*for members who have done 100 hours or more of volunteer work in the previous year)