Categories and definitions
Cost to enter
- Members: $55 CAD + HST (per title and/or category entered)
- Non Members: $75 CAD + HST (per title and/or category entered)
- Become a member now.
Benefits to you
- all entrants receive judges’ objective critique
- winners receive a certificate
- winners receive recognition of excellence in their niche
- winners receive promotional opportunities
- Click here to read the full guidelines of Eligibility, Judging, and The Fine Print
- NEW – each writing piece may only be entered into two (2) categories maximum.
- Canadian authors may submit co-authored books as long as 50% of the book is written by Canadian authors.
- If a book is co-authored that does not meet the 50% total Canadian authorship percentage, the Canadian author may submit their contribution(s) in the short piece section.
What you need to submit a book
- Include a pdf copy of the book.
- Include a pdf or jpg of the book cover.
- Include an author bio (100 words max).
- Include an author headshot (jpg or png).
- Maximum attachment size in submission is 128 MB.
- Find Submission Form here
All book entries are automatically entered in:
Please specify if you wish to be considered for:
- Indigenous Writer of the Year
- Writer of Colour Award
- The Debra Fieguth Social Justice Award